The Prescription of 仙方活命飲
The book Jiao Zhu Fu Ren Liang Fang
- Bai Zhi (Radix Angelicae Dahuricae) 3 g,
- Bei Mu (Bulbus Fritillariae) 3 g,
- Fang Feng (Radix Saposhinkoviae) 3 g,
- Chi Shao (Radix Paeoniae Rubra) 3 g,
- Dang Gui Wei (Radix Angelicae Sinensis) 3 g,
- Gan Cao Jie (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 3 g,
- Zao Jiao Ci (Parched Spina Gleditsiae) 3 g,
- Chuan Shan Jia (Squama Manitis Preparata) 3 g,
- Tian Hua Fen (Radix Trichosanthis) 3 g,
- Ru Xiang (Olibanum) 3 g,
- Mo Yao (Myrrha) 3 g,
- Jin Yin Hua (Flos Lonicerae) 9 g,
- Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae) 9 g
Jin Yin Hua: The principal drug, being sweet in taste and cold in nature, clearing away heat and toxic material.
Chen Pi: Regulating the activity of Qi.
Gan Cao Jie: Removing toxic materials, regulating the stomach.
The Effect of 仙方活命飲
Clearing away heat and toxic material, subduing swelling, promoting festering, activating the circulation of blood and arresting pain.
Syndrome due to heat-toxin accumulation. Qi stagnancy and blood stasis in the early stage or carbuncle and pyogenic infection, marked by red, swelling, heat and pain of large carbuncle, or fever, slight aversion to cold, thin whitish or yellowish tongue coating, and rapid forceful pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as phlegmon, mammitis and purulent tonsillitis.
Decocted in water or in the same amount of liquor and water for oral dose to be taken twice.