The Prescription of Xiaoer Huichun Dan
Jing Xiu Tang Yao Shuo
- Chuan Bei Mu (Bulbus Fritillariae Cirrhosae) 37.5 g,
- Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae) 37.5 g,
- Mu Xiang (Radix Aucklandiae) 37.5 g,
- Bai Dou Kou (Fructus Amomi Rotundus) 37.5 g,
- Zhi Qiao (Fructus Aurantii) 37.5 g,
- Fa Ban Xia (Rhizoma Pinelliae Preparata) 37.5 g,
- Chen Xiang (Lignum Aquilariae Resinatum) 37.5 g,
- Tian Zhu Huang (Concretio Silicea Bambusae) 37.5 g,
- Jiang Can (Bombyx Batryticatus) 37.5 g,
- Quan Xie (Scorpio) 37.5 g,
- Tan Xiang (Lignum Santali Albi) 37.5 g,
- Niu Huang (Calculus Bovis) 12 g,
- She Xiang (Moschus) 12 g,
- Dan Nan Xing (Arisaema cum Bile) 60 g,
- Gou Teng (Ramulus Uncariae cum Uncis) 240 g,
- Da Huang (Radix et Rhizoma Rhei) 60 g,
- Tian Ma (Rhizoma Gastrodiae) 37.5 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 26 g,
- Zhu Sha (Cinnabaris) proper amount.
Niu Huang: Clearing away heat and toxic material, removing phlegm for resuscitation, calming endopathogenic wind and relieving convulsion.
She Xiang: Being aromatic in nature, restoring consciousness.
Zhu Sha: Tanquilizing the mind through its heavy nature.
Da Huang: Clearing away heat and purging fire, eliminating stagnations to discharge phlegm and heat pathogens from the digestive tract.
Gan Cao: Tempering the actions of all the other ingredients.
The Effect of Xiaoer Huichun Dan
Restoring consciousness, relieving convulsion, removing heat, resolving phlegm.
Syndrome of acute infantile convulsion due to phlegm and heat pathogens lording it over the heart-Qi, marked by fever, dysphoria, coma, convulsion, or nausea, vomiting, night crying, vomiting of milk, cough with sputum, asthma, abdominal pain, and diarrhea; including infantile high fever and convulsion with the above symptoms.
All the ingredients are ground into fine powder, which is then made into pills, each weighing 0.09 g. 1 pill is taken orally by children below l year old each time, 2 pills by children between l-2 years old, 2-3 times daily.
Chronic infantile convulsion due to deficiency cold of the spleen and kidney.