The Prescription of Qingluo Yin
The book Wen Bing Tiao Bian
- Fresh He Ye (Folium Nelumbinis) 6 g,
- fresh Yin Hua (Flos Lonicerae) 9 g,
- Si Gua Luo (Fasciculus Vascularia Luffae) 6 g,
- Xi Gua Cui Yi (Exocarpium Citrulli) 6 g,
- fresh Bian Dou Hua (Flos Lablab) 6 g,
- fresh Zhu Ye (Herba Lophatheri) 6 g.
Xi Gua Cui Yi: Removing summer-heat.
Si Gua Luo: Dispelling heat from the lung collaterals.
Fresh He Ye: Dispersing and purging summer-heat.
Fresh Zhu Ye: Purging heart-fire by inducing diuresis.
The Effect of Qingluo Yin
Expelling pathogenic summer-heat.
Syndrome due to attack of summer-heat on the lung and pathogens lodging in the Qi system, marked by mild fever and thrist, vague mind, dizziness, mild distention of the head, pale red tongue with thin whitish coating; including sun-stroke with the above symptoms.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.