Jianjing(GB21,肩井) is an acupuncture point in the meridian named Shaoyang Gall Bladder Meridian of Foot.
Jian, shoulder; jing, well.
The point is on the shoulder and the depression is like a well.
Midway between Dazhui and the acromion, at the highest point of the shoulder.
- ache of the neck and nape, shoulder and the back.
- lowering high blood pressure.(Since the point is easy to cause fainting in sitting position, lying position is prefered except for the patients with high blood pressure.)
- lactation deficiency, the beginning of the acute mammitits.
- prolonged labor.(Pregnant women cannot be punctured in this point).
- puncture perpendicularly 0.5-0.8cun. Inside the point is the tip of lung, so deep puncture must be avoided.
- pregnant women cannot be punctured in this point.