Decoction of burdock Fruit for Expelling Pathogenic Factors from the Muscles
The Prescription of 牛蒡解肌湯
the book Yang Ke Xin De Ji
- Niu Bang Zi (Fructus Arctii) 10 g,
- Bo He (Herba Menthae) 6 g,
- Jing Jie (Herba Schizonepetae) 6 g,
- Lian Qiao (Fructus Forsythiae) 10 g,
- Shan Zhi (Fructus Gardeniae) 10 g,
- Dan Pi (Cortex Moutan) 10 g,
- Shi Hu (Herba Dendrobii) 12 g,
- Xuan Shen (Radix Scrophulariae) 10 g,
- Xia Ku Cao (Spica Prunellae) 12 g.
Niu Bang Zi: The principal drug, being pungent and bitter in flavor and cold in nature, dispersing wind-heat in the head.
Lian Qiao: Clearing away heat and toxic material, dispelling masses and subduing swelling.
The Effect of 牛蒡解肌湯
Dispelling wind, clearing away heat, cooling blood and subduing swelling.
Carbuncle and swelling complicated by exterior syndrome due to wind-heat, marked by burning, red, swelling and pain caused by carbuncle on the skin, mild chills and high fever, little of sweating, thrist, deep-colored urine, or toothache, whitish or yellowish tongue, and floating rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms and signs as cervical lymphadenitis, periodontitis and influenza.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.