The Prescription of 復元活血湯
The book Yi Lin Gai Cuo
- Da Huang (Radix et Rhizoma Rhei) 30g,
- Chai Hu (Radix Bupleuri) 15g,
- Gua Lou Gen (Radix Trichosanthis) 9g,
- Dang Gui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis) 9g,
- Tao Ren (Semen Persicae) 9g,
- Hong Hua (Flos Carthami) 6g,
- Chuan Shan Jia (Squama Manitis) 6g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 6g.
Da Huang: One of the principal drugs in larger dosage, clearing away blood retention and stasis.
Chai Hu: The other principal drug, soothing the liver and regulating the circulation of Qi.
Chuan Shan Jia: Removing blood stasis in the channels.
Gua Lou Gen: Removing blood stasis and lumps, clearing away heat and moistening dryness.
Gan Cao: Relieving spasm and pain, tempering the actions of all the other ingredients.
The Effect of 復元活血湯
Promoting the circulation of blood to remove blood stasis, soothing the liver and eliminating obstruction in the channels.
Traumatic stasis of blood, marked by blood stasis retained under the hypochondrium with severe pain due to traumatic injury, deep red tongue and taut uneven pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as intercostal neuralgia, costal chondritis and injury of soft tissues.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.