The Prescription of 半夏白術天麻湯
The book Yi Xue Xin Wu
- Zhi Ban Xia (Rhizoma Pinelliae Preparata) 9 g,
- Tian Ma (Rhizoma Gastrodiae) 6 g,
- Fu Ling (Poria) 6 g,
- Ju Hong (Exocarpium Citri Reticulatae) 6 g,
- Bai Zhu (Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae) 15 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 4g,
- Sheng Jiang (Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens) 1 piece,
- Da Zao (Fructus Jujubae) 2 dates.
Ban Xia: Removing dampness, eliminating phlegm, checking upward adverse flow of Qi and arresting nausea.
Ju Hong: Regulating the flow of Qi and eliminating phlegm.
The Effect of 半夏白術天麻湯
Removing dampness, eliminating phlegm, calming the liver to tranquilize the endogenous wind.
Syndrome due to disturbance of wind-phlegm in the interior, marked by dizziness, headache, fullness in the chest, nausea, vomiting, whitish greasy tongue coating and taut slippery pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as hypertension, Meniere's disease, squela of cerebral concussion, cerebral arteriosclerosis and vestibular neuritis.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.