The Prescription of Zhisou San
The book Yi Xue Xin Wu
- Jie Geng (Radix Platycodi) l000 g,
- Zi Wan (Radix Asteris) 1000 g,
- Jing Jie (Herba Schizonepetae) 1000 g,
- Bai Bu (Radix Stemonae) 1000 g,
- Bai Qian (Rhizoma Cynanchi Stauntonii) 1000 g,
- Zhi Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparata) 375 g,
- Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae) 500 g.
Zi Wan, Bai Bu and Bai Qian: Arresting cough and eliminating phlegm.
Jie Geng and Chen Pi: Ventilating and descending the lung-Qi, eliminating phlegm and arresting cough.
Jing Jie: Dispelling wind lo relieve exterior syndrome.
Gan Cao: Tempering the action of all the other ingredients.
Jing Jie, Jie Geng and Gan Cao: Working together to remove intense heat from the throat and relieve pain.
The Effect of Zhisou San
Dispelling wind, ventilating the lung, eliminating phlegm, arresting cough.
Cough and dyspnea due to attack of wind pathogen on the lung, marked by cough, itching of the throat, expectoration, or mild aversion to cold, fever, thin whitish tongue coating, and floating pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as acute bronchitis, chronic bronchitis, pertussis and influenza.
All the drugs are ground into fine powder. 6 g of the powder is taken with warm boiled water each time, 2-3 times daily. With the amounts reduced according to their original proportions, the drugs may also be decocted in water for oral use.