Powder with Marvellous Effect
The Prescription of Yuzhen San
The book Wai Ke Zheng Zong
- Tian Nan Xing (Rhizoma Arisaematis),
- Fang Feng (Radix Saposhinkoviae),
- Bai Zhi (Radix Angelicae Dahuricae),
- Tian Ma (Rhizoma Gastrodiae),
- Qiang Huo (Rhizoma seu Radix Notopterygii),
- Bai Fu Zi (Rhizoma Typhonii),
- Additives: hot wine and child's urine.
Tian Ma: Dispelling wind pathogen and relieving spasm.
Hot wine and urine of a child: Clearing away obstruction from the channels and collaterals and promoting the circulation of Qi and blood.
The Effect of Yuzhen San
Dispelling wind pathogen, removing phlegm and relieving spasm and pain.
Tetanus manifested as tightly clenched jaws with tightly closed mouth, rigidity of the trunk, opisthotonos, whitish tongue coating, and taut tight pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as tetanus, whooping cough and rabies.
The ingredients are ground into fine powder and taken or applied externally after being infused with hot wine or a child's urine, 3 g each time for oral use or appropriate amount for external use on the affected area. Also, the ingredients may be decocted in water for oral dose with their amounts properly modified according to their original proportions.