You Gui Wan
Bolus for Reinforcing the Kidney-Yang
The Prescription of You Gui Wan
The book Jing Yue Quan Shu
- Shu Di (Radix Rehmanniae Preparata) 240 g,
- Shan Yao (stir-fried Rhizoma Dioscoreae) 120 g,
- Shan Zhu Yu (slightly stir-fried Fructus Corni) 90 g,
- Gou Qi (slightly stir-fried Fructus Lycii) 120 g,
- Lu Jiao Jiao (stir-fried Colla Cornus Cervi) 120 g,
- Tu Si Zi (Semen Cuscutae Preparata) 120 g,
- Du Zhong (stir-fried Cortex Eucommiae) 120 g,
- Dang Gui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis) 90 g,
- Rou Gui (Cortex Cinnamomi) 60-120 g,
- Fu Zi (Radix Aconiti Lateralis Preparata) 60-180 g.
Rou Gui, Fu Zi and Lu Jiao Jiao: Warming up and tonifying the kidney-Yang, supplementing the vital essence, enriching the marrow.
Shu Di, Shan Zhu Yu, Shan Yao, Tu Si Zi, Gou Qi and Du Zhong: Nourishing Yin, benefiting the kidney, tonifying the liver and invigorating the spleen.
Dang Gui: Enriching blood to tonifying the liver.
The Effect of You Gui Wan
Warming up the kidney-Yang, supplementing essence, enriching blood.
Syndrome due to insufficiency of the kidney-Yang and decline of fire from Ming Men, marked by lassitude resulting from prolonged disease, aversion to cold and cold limbs, or impotence and emission, or sterility caused by impotence, or loose stools and even diarrhea with undigested food, or enuresis, or soreness and weakness of the loins and knees, and edema of the lower limbs; including such diseases with the above symptoms as coronary heart disease, toxemia of pregnancy, chronic nephritis, primary hypertension, prostatitis.