Yangyin Qingfei Tang
The Prescription of Yangyin Qingfei Tang
The book Zhong Lou Yu Yue
- Sheng Di (Radix Rehmanniae) 6 g,
- Mai Dong (Radix Ophiopogonis) 5 g,
- Xuan Shen (Radix Scrophulariae) 5 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 2 g,
- Bo He (Herba Menthae) 2 g,
- Bei Mu (Bulbus Fritillariae) 3 g,
- Dan Pi (Cortex Moutan) 3 g,
- Chao Bai Shao (stir-fried Radix Paeoniae Alba) 3 g.
Sheng Di: Nourishing the kidney-Yin.
Mai Dong: Nourishing the lung-Yin.
Xuan Shen: Dispersing fire and removing toxic material.
Dan Pi: Removing heat from blood and relieving swelling.
Bei Mu: Moistening the lung and resolving phlegm. .
Bai Shao: Astringing Yin and purging heat.
Bo He: Dispersing pathogenic factors and benefiting the throat.
Gan Cao: Tempering the actions of all the other ingredients and removing toxic materials.
The Effect of Yangyin Qingfei Tang
Nourishing Yin and removing heat from the lung.
Baihou syndrome manifested as white ulcerative spots in the throat which are hard to heal, swelling and pain in the throat, dry nose and lips, or cough or no cough, breathing with noise and difficulty, reddened tongue and rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as tonsillitis, laryngopharyngitis and nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.