The Prescription of Xing Su San
The book Wen Bing Tiao Bian
- Su Ye (Folium Perillae) 6 g,
- Ban Xia (Rhizoma Pinelliae) 6 g,
- Fu Ling (Poria) 6 g,
- Qian Hu (Radix Peucedani) 6 g,
- Jie Geng (Radix Platycodi) 6 g,
- Zhi Qiao (Fructus Aurantii) 6 g,
- Zhi Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 6 g,
- Sheng Jiang (Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens) 6 g,
- Ju Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae) 6 g,
- Xing Ren (Semen Armeniacae Amarum) 6 g,
- Da Zao (Fructus Jujubae) 2 dates.
The Effect of Xing Su San
Ventilating the lung to dispel dryness with drugs warm and moist in nature, facilitating the flow of the lung-Qi to remove phlegm. .
Cool-dryness-syndrome manifested as mild headache, aversion to cold without sweet, cough with dilute sputum, stuffy nose, dry throat, whitish tongue coating and taut pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis and pulmonary emphysema.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.