Shihu Yeguang Wan
Bolus for Treating Eye Disorders
The Prescription of Shihu Yeguang Wan
The book Yuan Ji Qi Wei
- Tian Men Dong (Radix Asparagi) 60 g,
- Ren Shen (Radix Ginseng) 60 g,
- Fu Ling (Poria) 60 g,
- Shu Di Huang (Radix Rehmanniae Preparata) 30 g,
- Sheng Di Huang (Radix Rehmanniae) 30 g,
- Mai Men Dong (Radix Ophiopogonis) 30 g,
- Tu Si Zi (Semen Cuscutae) 23 g,
- Ju Hua (Flos Chrysanthemi) 23 g,
- Cao Jue Ming (Semen Cassiae) 23 g,
- Xing Ren (Semen Armeniacae Amarum) 23 g,
- Shan Yao (Rhizoma Dioscoreae) 23 g,
- Gou Qi (Fructus Lycii) 23 g,
- Niu Xi (Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae) 23 g,
- Wu Wei Zi (Fructus Schisandrae) 23 g,
- Ji Li (Fructus Tribuli) 15 g,
- Shi Hu (Herba Dendrobii) 15 g,
- Rou Cong Rong (Herba Cistanches) 15 g,
- Chuan Xiong (Rhizoma Chuanxiong) 15 g,
- Zhi Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparata) 15 g,
- Zhi Qiao (Fructus Aurantii) 15 g,
- Qing Xiang Zi (Semen Celosiae) 15 g,
- Fang Feng (Radix Saposhinkoviae) 15 g,
- Chuan Huang Lian (Rhizoma Coptidis) 15 g,
- Wu Xi Jiao (Cornu Rhinocerotis) 15 g,
- Ling Yang Jiao (Cornu Saigae Tataricae) 15 g.
Tian Dong, Mai Dong, Shu Di, Sheng Di, Wu Wei Zi and Shi Hu: Promoting the production of body fluids and tonifying blood.
Tu Si Zi, Gou Qi Zi, Niu Xi and Rou Cong Rong: Replenishing Yin and reinforcing the kidney.
Ren Shen, Fu Ling, Gan Cao and Shan Yao: Invigorating the spleen and supplementing the lung.
Zhi Qiao, Chuan Xiong, Ju Hua, Xing Ren, Fang Feng, Cao Jue Ming, Ji Li and Qing Xiang Zi: Dispersing pathogenic wind-heat.
Huang Lian, Xi Jiao and Ling Yang Jiao: Suppressing the hyperactivities of the liver, purging heart-fire, removing pathogenic heat from blood.
The Effect of Shihu Yeguang Wan
Calming the liver to stop wind, nourishing Yin to improve eyesight.
Eye disorders due to up-flaring of fire caused by Yin-deficiency of the liver and kidney, marked by platycoria, blurred vision, photophobia, lacrimation, dizziness, vertigo, and internal oculopathy; including such disorders with the above symptoms as glaucoma and cataracta.
All the ingredients are ground into powder and sifted and made with honey into boluses, each of which weighs 10 g, 1 bolus is taken with slightly salty boiled water each time, twice daily, in the morning and evening.