Lieque(LU7, 列缺) is an acupuncture point in the meridian named Taiyin Lung Meridian of Hand. Lieque is the Luo-connecting point of the Lungs.
Lie, arrangement; que, depression. The lightning and the rift in the sky were called Lieque in ancient times. The Meridian of Hand-Taiyin diverges from this point to the Meridian of Hand-Yang ming, The point is the depression superior to the styloid process of the radius.
Superior to the styloid process of the radius, 1.5 cun above the transverse crease of the wrist.
- (1) main point for respiratory diseases, such as nasal obstruction, sore throat, cough, asthma, etc.
- (2) main point for acute pain of the head and neck.
- (3) to treat aches of the wrist, such as sprain, tenosynovitis, etc.
- (1) Puncture obliquely in the direction of elbow.
- (2) Puncture obliquely in the direction of medial center, with the needle tip between the radius and tendon.