The Prescription of Jiajian Weirui Tang
The book Chong Ding Tong Su Shang Han Lun
- Wei Rui (Rhizoma Polygonati Odorati) 9 g,
- Cong Bai (Bulbus Allii Fistulosi) 6 g,
- Jie Geng (Radix Platycodi) 8g,
- Bai Wei (Radix Cynanchi Atrati) 3 g,
- Dan Dou Chi (Semen Sojae Preparatum) 12 g,
- Bo He (Herba Menthae) 5 g,
- Zhi Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparata) 2 g,
- Hong Zao (Fructus Jujubae) 2 dates.
Wei Rui The principal drug, being sweet in flavor and slightly cold in nature, nourishing Yin, moistening the lung, aiding in the production of body fluids.
Bai Wei: Removing heat from blood to relieve restlessness and thrist.
The Effect of Jiajian Weirui Tang
Nourishing Yin to clear away heat, inducing diaphoresis to relieve exterior syndrome.
Syndrome due to the effect of exopathogens with the deficiency of Yin, marked by headache, fever with little or no sweat, slightly aversion to wind-cold, cough, restlessness, thirst, dry throat, reddened tongue and rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as common cold, sicca syndrome, etc.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.