The Prescription of Haizao Yuhu Tang
The book Yi Zong Jin Jian
- Hai Zao (Sargassum) 3 g,
- Kun Bu (Thallus Laminariae) 3 g,
- Ban Xia (Rhizoma Pinelliae Preparata) 3 g,
- Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae) 3 g,
- Qing Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae Viride) 3 g,
- Lian Qiao (Fructus Forsythiae) 3 g,
- Bei Mu (Bulbus Fritillariae) 3 g,
- Dang Gui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis) 3 g,
- Chuan Xiong (Rhizoma Chuanxiong) 3 g,
- Du Huo (Radix Angelicae Pubescentis) 3 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 3 g,
- Hai Dai (kelp) 1.5 g.
Gan Cao: Tempering the actions of all the other ingredients.
The Effect of Haizao Yuhu Tang
Resolving phlegm, softening masses and dispersing goiter.
Qi-stagnancy and phlegm-accumulation due to incoordination between the liver and the spleen, marked by fixed goiter as hard as stone and with normal skin in the neck; including such disorders with the above symptoms and signs as cervical carcinoma, thyroid adenoma and thyroid enlargement.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.