Guanyuan(CV4,关元) is an acupuncture point in the meridian named Conception Vessel. It is the Front-Mu point of the small intestines, crossing point of conception vessel with the SP, LR and KI meridians. (SP meridian: Taiyin Spleen Meridian of Foot; LR meridian: Jueyin Liver Meridian of Foot; KI meridian: Shaoyin Kidney Meridian of Foot)
On the anterior midline of the lower abdomen, 3 cun beLow the umbilicus.
- ①Wind-Stroke prostration syndrome, diseases caused by visceral deficiencies, thinness and weakness;
- ②pain in the lower abdomen, hernia;
- ③diarrhea, dysentery, rectal prolapse, blood in the stool (hemafecia) and other intestine diseases;
- ④five types of strangury, hematuria,urine retention, frequent micturition, and other diseases of the urinary system;
- ⑤nocturnal emissions, impotence, premature ejaculation, cloudy and turbid urine;
- ⑥irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, metrorrhagia, leukorrhea, uterine prolapse,lochiorrhea (excessive discharge of afterbirth).
Perpendicular insertion 1-1.5 cun. The patient should urinate first. Moxibustion is always used. Contraindicated during pregnancy.