Fengchi (GB20,风池) is an acupuncture point in the meridian named Shaoyang Gall Bladder Meridian of Foot.
Feng, pathogenic wind; chi, pool. The point is below the occipital bone and the depression is like a pool. It is an important point in eliminating pathogenic wind.
In the posterior aspect of the neck, below the occipital bone, in the depression between the upper portion of m.sternocleidomestoideus and m.trapezius.
- Fainting, headache, insomnia and dreamness.
- main point for diseases of the head, face and five sense organs, especially good for eye diseases.
- cold and fever.
- lowering high blood pressure.
- facial paralysis.
- stiff pain of the neck and nape.
- Puncture obliquely in the direction of the inferior margin of the eye opposite.
- or obliquely in the direction of the midline of the nape 0.8-1.2 cun.
- the angle and depth of the needle should be strictly controlled to avoid hurting the bulb.
Avoid deep insertion into the internal and superior portion.