The Prescription of Dingchuan Tang
The book She Sheng Zhong Miao Fang
- Bai Guo (Semen Ginkgo) 9 g,
- Ma Huang (Herba Ephedrae) 9 g,
- Kuan Dong Hua (Flos Farfarae) 9 g,
- Xing Ren (Semen Armeniacae Amarum) 9 g,
- Sang Bai Pi (Cortex Mori) 9 g,
- Ban Xia (Rhizoma Pinelliae) 9 g,
- Su Zi (Fructus Perillae) 6 g,
- Huang Qin (Radix Scutellariae) 6 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 3 g.
Ma Huang: One of the principal drugs, facilitating the flow of the lung-Qi to dispel pathogenic factors and relieve asthma.
Bai Guo: The other principal drug, astringing the lung to stop asthma and remove phlegm.
Gan Cao: Tempering the actions of all the other ingredients.
The Effect of Dingchuan Tang
Facilitating the flow of the lung-Qi to descend upward flow, eliminating phlegm and relieving asthma.
Syndrome due to wind-cold in the exterior and retention of phlegm-heat in the interior, marked by massive viscid yellowish sputum, dyspnea, asthma, cough, pale tongue with yellowish greasy coating, arid slippery rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as chronic bronchitis and bronchial asthma.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.