The Prescription of Da Dingfeng Zhu
The book Wen Bing Tiao Bian
- Bai Shao (Radix Paeoniae Atba) 18 g,
- Di Huang (Radix Rehmanniae) 18 g,
- Mai Dong (Radix Ophiopogonis) 18 g,
- Gui Ban (Carapax et Plastrum Testudinis) 12 g,
- Mu Li (Concha Ostreae) 12 g,
- Zhi Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparate) 12 g,
- Bie Jia (Carapax Trionycis) 12 g,
- E Jiao (Colla Corii Asini) 9 g,
- Ma Ren (Fructus Cannabis) 6 g,
- Wu Wei Zi (Fructus Schisandrae) 6 g,
- Ji Zi Huang (egg yolk) 2 ones.
Ma Ren: Nourishing Yin and moistening dryness.
Mu Li: Calming the liver and suppressing the hyperactivity of Yang.
The Effect of Da Dingfeng Zhu
Replenishing Yin and calming wind.
Wind-syndrome due to impairment of Yin by the intense heat produced by prolonged epidemic febrile disease or consumption of Yin-fluid caused by mistaking drugs with the action of diaphoresis or purgation, marked by lassitude, trembling of the hands and feet, deep-colored tongue with little coating and weak pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as epidemic encephalitis B and typhoid fever.
The ingredients except Ji Zi Huang (egg yolk) are decocted in water for the decoction, in which Ji Zi Huang is put. The decoction is divided into 2 portions, 1 portion is taken each time.