The Prescription of 黃土湯
The book Jin Gui Yao Lue
- Zao Xin Tu (ignited yellow earth) 30g,
- Gan Di Huang (Radix Rehmanniae) 9g,
- Bai Zhu (Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae) 9g,
- Fu Zi (Radix Aconiti Lateralis Preparata) 9g,
- E Jiao (Colla Corii Asini) 9g,
- Huang Qin (Radix Scutellariae) 9g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 9g.
Zao Xin Tu: The principal drug, warming the middle-Jiao and stopping bleeding.
Gan Cao: Tempering the actions of all the other ingredients.
The Effect of 黃土湯
Warming Yang, strengthening the spleen, nourishing blood and stopping bleeding.
Syndrome due to insufficiency of the spleen-Yang and deficiency-cold of the middle-Jiao, marked by bloody stools, or hematemesis, epistaxis, metrorrhagia and metrostaxis, all with deep-colored blood, cold limbs, sallow complexion, pale tongue with whitish coating, and deep thready weak pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as chronic hemorrhage of gastrointestinal tract and dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
Zao Xin Tu is decocted in water for the decoction, into which the other ingredients are put and decocted. The decoction is divided into 2 portions. 1 portion is taken each time.