The Prescription of 銀翹散
The book Wen Bing Tiao Bian
- Lian Qiao (Fructus Forsythiae) 9 g,
- Yin Hua (Flos Lonicerae) 9 g,
- Jie Geng (Radix Platycodi) 6 g,
- Bo He (Herba Menthae) 6 g,
- Zhu Ye (Herba Lophatheri) 4 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 5 g,
- Jing Jie (Spica Schizonepetae) 5 g,
- Dan Dou Chi (Semen Sojae Preparatum) 5 g,
- Niu Bang Zi (Fructus Arctii) 9 g,
- Wei Gen (Rhizoma Phragmitis) 18 g.
Yin Hua: The principal drug, being sweet in flavor and cold in nature, mildly promoting the dispersing function of the lung, clearing away heat and toxic material.
Lian Qiao: The other principal drug, being bitter in flavor and slightly cold in nature, mildly relieving the exterior syndrome, clearing away heat and toxic material.
Gan Cao: Clearing away heat and toxic material.
Zhu Ye: Removing the heat in the upper-Jiao.
Wei Gen: Clearing away heat, promoting the production of body fluids.
The Effect of 銀翹散
Dispelling pathogenic factors in the superficies, clearing away heat and toxic material.
Exterior syndrome of wind-heat type in the initial stage of febrile disease, marked by fever, slightly aversion to wind-cold, thirst, reddened tongue with whitish thin coating and floating rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as measles, influenza, acute suppurative tonsillitis, encephalitis B, parotitis, etc.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice (made into powder originally).