Powder of Agastachis for Restoring Health
The Prescription of 藿香正气散
The book Tai Ping Hui Min He Ji Ju Fang
- Da Fu Pi (Pericarpium Arecae) 6 g,
- Bai Zhi (Radix Angelicae Dahuricae) 6 g,
- Zi Su (Caulis Perillae) 6 g,
- Fu Ling (Poria) 6 g,
- Ban Xia Qu (Rhizoma Pinelliae Preparata) 9 g,
- Bai Zhu (Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae) 9 g,
- Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae) 9 g,
- Hou Po (Cortex Magnoliae Officinalis) 9 g,
- Jie Geng (Radix Platycodi) 9 g,
- Huo Xiang (Herba Agastachis) 12 g,
- Zhi Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparata) 4.5 g,
- Sheng Jiang (Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens) 3 g,
- Da Zao (Fructus Jujubae) 1 date.
Huo Xiang: The principal drug, being pungent in flavor and slightly warm in nature, not only dispersing wind-cold but also removing dampness as well as sending up the lucid Qi and sending down the turbid to treat cholera morbus.
Su Ye and Bai Zhi: Being pungent in flavor and aromatic in nature, removing dampness.
Ban Xia Qu and Chen Pi: Checking upward adverse flow of Qi and relieving vomiting, promoting digestion.
Bai Zhu and Fu Ling: Strengthening the spleen, removing dampness, regulating the stomach and arresting diarrhea.
Hou Po and Da Fu Pi: Promoting the circulation of Qi, removing dampness and regulating the middle-Jiao to relieve fullness in the abdomen.
Jie Geng: Facilitating the flow of the lung-Qi to relieve fullness in the chest and removing exterior syndrome and dampness.
Sheng Jiang, Da Zao and Gan Cao: Coordinating the spleen and stomach.
The Effect of 藿香正气散
Relieving exterior syndrome, removing dampness, promoting the circulation of Qi and regulating the function of the stomach.
Syndrome due to wind-cold in the exterior and dampness in the interior, marked by sudden and drastic vomiting and diarrhea in cholera morbus, fever, aversion to cold, headache, fullness in the chest, pain in the abdomen, and whitish greasy tongue coating; including such diseases with the above symptoms as acute gastroenteritis, food poisoning, common cold of gastrointestinal type, etc.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice (Taken originally in the form of powder).