The Prescription of 肾气丸
The book Jin Gui Yao Lue
- Gan Di Huang (Radix Rehmanniae) 240 g,
- Shan Yao (Rhizoma Dioscoreae) 120 g,
- Shan Zhu Yu (Fructus Corni) 120 g,
- Ze Xie (Rhizoma Alismatis) 90 g,
- Fu Ling (Poria) 90 g,
- Mu Dan Pi (Cortex Moutan) 90 g,
- Gui Zhi (Ramulus Cinnamomi) 30 g,
- Fu Zi (Radix Aconiti Lateralis Preparata) 30 g.
Gan Di Huang: Nourishing and tonifying the kidney-Yin
Dan Pi: Dispersing and purging the liver-fire.
The Effect of 肾气丸
Warming up and tonifying the kidney-Yang
Syndrome due to insufficiency of the kidney-Yang, marked by lumbago, flaccidity of the feet, cold sensation in the lower part of the body, tension in the lower abdomen, dysuria or polyuria, pale and puffy tongue with thin whitish moisture coating, and deep thready cubit pulse, or syndromes of beriberi, phlegm retention, diabetes, and dysuria with lower abdominal colic; including such diseases with the above symptoms as coronary heart disease, toxemia of pregnancy, chronic nephritis, prostatitis, lupus sebaceus, addisonian syndrome, mucous edema, chronic bronchitis, etc.