The Prescription of 石膏汤
The book Wai Tai Mi Yao
- Shi Gao (Gypsum Fibrosum) 30 g,
- Huang Lian (Rhizoma Coptidis) 6 g,
- Huang Bo (Cortex Phellodendri) 6 g,
- Huang Qin (Radix Scutellariae) 6 g,
- Dan Dou Chi (Semen Sojae Preparatum) 9 g,
- Zhi Zi (Fructus Gardeniae) 9 g,
- Ma Huang (Herba Ephedrae) 9 g.
Shi Gao: The principal drug, being pungent and sweet in flavor and very cold in nature, removing heat and restlessness.
The Effect of 石膏汤
Removing heat and toxic materials, relieving exterior syndrome through diaphoresis.
Syndrome of intense heat due to febrile disease in the interior complicated by unrelieved exterior syndrome, marked by high fever, no sweat, heavy and strain sensation of the body, dry nose, thirst, restlessness, insomnia, coma, delirium, or skin eruption, and slippery rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as hematosepsis, cholecystitis, pelvic inflammation, pancreatitis and appendicitis.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken 3 times.