The Prescription of 白虎加人参汤
The book Shang Han Lun
- Shi Gao (Gypsum Fibrosum) 30~45 g,
- Zhi Mu (Rhizoma Anemarrhenae) 18 g,
- Zhi Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparata) 6 g,
- Jing Mi (Semen Oryzae Sativae) 12 g.
- Ren Shen (Radix Ginseng) 9 g.
Shi Gao: The principal drug, being pungent and sweet in flavor and very cold in nature, purging heat in the lung and stomach, eliminating vexation.
Zhi Mu: Purging heat in the lung and stomach, being moisture in nature to moisten dryness.
Gan Cao and Jing Mi: Benifiting the stomach, protecting body fluids from being impaired, letting prescriptions very cold in nature not injure the spleen and stomach.
Ren Shen: Powerfully reinforcing original qi, tonifying zang-organ qi, promoting the generation of body fluid to alleviate thirst.
The Effect of 白虎加人参汤
Clear heat and purge fire, replenish qi and promote the secretion of saliva or body fluid.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken thrice.