Sweet Dew Detoxication Pill
The Prescription of 甘露消毒丹
The book Wen Re Jing Wei
- Fei Hua Shi (refined Talcum) 450 g,
- Yin Chen (Herba Artemisiae Scopariae) 330 g,
- Huang Qin (Radix Scutellariae) 300 g,
- Shi Chang Pu (Rhizoma Acori Tatarinowii) 180 g,
- Chuan Bei Mu (Bulbus Fritillariae Cirrhosae) 150 g,
- Mu Tong (Caulis Aristolochiae Manshuriensis) 150 g,
- Huo Xiang (Herba Agastachis) 120 g,
- She Gan (Rhizoma Belamcandae) 120 g,
- Lian Qiao (Fructus Forsythiae) 120 g,
- Bo He (Herba Menthae) 120 g,
- Bai Dou Kou (Fructus Amomi Rotundus) 120 g
Huo Xiang: One of the principal drugs, being pungent in flavor and slightly warm in nature, clearing away heat, promoting diuresis, resolving dampness, activating the circulation of Qi.
Hua Shi: Clearing away heat, promoting diuresis, relieving summer-heat.
Mu Tong: Clearing away heat and promoting diuresis, inducing damp-heat to be eliminated along with urine.
Huang Qin: Clearing away heat and removing dampness.
Lian Qiao: Clearing away heat and toxic material.
The Effect of 甘露消毒丹
Inducing diuresis, resolving dampness and removing heat and toxic material.
Syndrome of damp-heat pathogen lingering in the Qi system due to epidemic diseases, marked by fever, sleepiness, lassitude, fullness in the chest, distention in the abdomen, soreness of the limbs, swollen throat, yellowish body surface, thirst, scanty deep-colored urine, vomiting, diarrhea, stranguria with turbid urine, pale or thick and greasy or dry and yellowish tongue coating; including such diseases with the above symptoms as typhoid fever, infectious icterochepatitis, cholecystitis, acute gastroenteritis, etc.
All the ingredients are ground into fine powder. 9 g of the powder is taken with boiled water each time, twice daily. Or the powder is made into pills with the paste of Shen Qu (Massa Medicata Fermentata), 9 g of the pills is taken each time. Or the ingredients are decocted in water for oral use. In doing so, their amounts should he properly reduced according to their original proportions.