Powder of Relieving Bone-heat
The Prescription of 清骨散
The book Zheng Zhi Zhun Sheng
- Yin Chai Hu (Radk Stellariae) 10 g,
- Hu Huang Lian (Rhizoma Picrorhizae) 6 g,
- Qin Jiao (Radix Gentianae Macrophyllae) 6 g,
- Bie Jia (Carapax Trionycis prepared with vinegar) 6 g,
- Di Gu Pi (Cortex Lycii) 6 g,
- Qing Hao (Herba Artemisiae Annuae) 6 g,
- Zhi Mu (Rhizoma Anemarrhenae) 6 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 4 g.
Yin Chai Hu: The principal drug, being sweet in flavor and slightly cold in nature and good at clearing away bone-heat due to consumption.
Zhi Mu, Hu Huang Lian and Di Gu Pi: Being good at reducing asthenia-type fever and removing bone-heat with sweat.
Bie Jia: Nourishing Yin and suppressing hyperactive Yang to reduce asthenia-type fever.
Qing Hao and Qin Jiao: Dispelling bone-heat without sweat.
Gan Cao: Tempering the actions of all the other ingredients.
The Effect of 清骨散
Alleviating asthenic fever and removing bone-heat.
Syndrome due to bone-heat resulting from consumption or prolonged low fever; including tuberculosis and hematopathy.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice (Taken originally in the form of powder)