The Prescription of 清营汤
The book Wen Bing Tiao Bian
- Xi Jiao (Cornu Rhinocerotis) 2 g,
- Sheng Di (Radix Rehmanniae) 15 g,
- Yuan Shen (Radix Scrophulariae) 9 g,
- Zhu Ye Xin (Leaves bud of Herba Lophatheri) 3 g,
- Mai Dong (Radix Ophiopogonis) 9 g,
- Dan Shen (Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae) 6 g,
- Huang Lian (Rhizoma Coptidis) 5 g,
- Yin Hua (Flos Lonicerae) 9 g,
- Lian Qiao (Fructus Forsythiae) 6 g.
Xi Jiao: One of the principal drugs, being salty in flavor and cold in nature, clearing heat from both Ying and blood systems.
Sheng Di: The other principal drug, being sweet and bitter in taste and cold in nature, removing heat from both Ying and blood systems.
Dan Shen: Promoting the circulation of blood to remove blood stasis.
The Effect of 清营汤
Clearing up the Ying system to remove pathogenic heat, nourishing Yin and promoting the circulation of blood.
Syndrome appeared in the beginning of the invasion of pathogenic heat into the Ying system, marked by fever which is severe at night, fidget, insomnia, delirium, tending to open or close the eyes, thirst or no thirst, or mild skin eruption; crimson dry tongue, and rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis, encephalitis B, typhus and scarlet fever.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken 3 times.