The Prescription of 清气化痰丸
The book Yi Fang Kao
- Gua Lou Ren (Semen Trichosanthis) 30 g,
- Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae) 30 g,
- Huang Qin (Radix Scutellariae) 30 g,
- Xing Ren (Semen Armeniacae Amarum) 30 g,
- Zhi Shi (Fructus Aurantii Immaturus) 30 g,
- Fu Ling (Poria) 30 g,
- Dan Nan Xing (Arisaema cum Bile) 45 g,
- Zhi Ban Xia (Rhizoma Pinelliae Preparata) 45 g.
Dan Nan Xing: Clearing away heat and resolving phlegm.
Fu Ling: Strengthening the spleen, inducing diuresis.
Xing Ren: Ventilating the lung and arresting cough.
Ban Xia: Removing dampness and resolving phlegm.
The Effect of 清气化痰丸
Clearing away heat, resolving phlegm, regulating the flow of Qi, arresting cough.
Syndrome due to retention of phlegm-heat in the lung, marked by cough with yellowish thick sputum difficult to expectorate, fullness in the chest, reddened tongue with yellowish greasy coating, and slippery rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms d pneumonia, acute bronchitis, acute attack of chronic bronchitis, and bronchiectasis complicated by infection.
All the drugs are ground into fine powder. The powder is made with an adequate amount of ginger juice into boluses. 6 g of the boluses is taken with warm boiled water each time, twice daily. With their amounts reduced according to their original proportions, the drugs may be decocted in water for oral use.