The Prescription of 消风散
The book Wai Ke Zheng Zong
- Dang Gui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis) 3 g,
- Sheng Di (Radix Rehmanniae) 3 g,
- Fang Feng (Radix Saposhinkoviae) 3 g,
- Chan Tui (Periostracum Cicadae) 3 g,
- Zhi Mu (Rhizoma Anemarrhenae) 3 g,
- Ku Shen (Radix Sophorae Flavescentis) 3 g,
- Hu Ma (Sesamum Indicum) 3 g,
- Jing Jie (Herba Schizonepetae) 3 g,
- Cang Zhu (Rhizoma Atractylodis) 3 g,
- Niu Bang Zi (Fructus Arctii) 3 g,
- Shi Gao (Gypsum Fibrosum) 3 g,
- Mu Tong (Caulis Aristolochiae Manshuriensis) 1.5 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 1.5 g.
Cang Zhu: Dispelling wind pathogen and removing dampness.
Ku Shen: Removing heat and drying dampness.
Mu Tong: Removing dampness and heat.
Gan Cao: Removing heat pathogen and toxic material, tempering the actions of all the other ingredients.
The Effect of 消风散
Dispelling wind pathogen, nourishing blood, removing dampness and heat.
Rubella and eczema, marked by red skin eruption, or spots dotted on the skin in the shape of clouds, itching, fluid produced from the diabrotic eruptions, whitish or yellowish tongue coating, and floating rapid forceful pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as allergic dermatitis, paddy field dermatitis, neurodermatitis and drug dermatitis.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.