Tangerine Seed Pill
The Prescription of 橘核丸
The book Ji Sheng Fang
- Ju He (Semen Citri Reticulatae) 30 g,
- Hai Zao (Sargassum) 30 g,
- Kun Bu (Thallus Echloniae) 30 g,
- Hai Dai (Thallus Laminariae) 30 g,
- Chuan Lian Zi (Fructus Toosendan) 30 g,
- Tao Ren (Semen Persicae) 30 g,
- Hou Po (Cortex Magnoliae Officinalis) 15 g,
- Mu Tong (Caulis Aristolochiae Manshuriensis) 15 g,
- Zhi Shi (Fructus Aurantii Immaturus) 15 g,
- Yan Hu Suo (Rhizoma Corydalis) 15 g,
- Gui Xin (Lignum Cinnamomi) 15 g,
- Mu Xiang (Radix Aucklandiae) 15 g.
Ju He: The principal drug, promoting the circulation of Qi to treat hernia.
Gui Xin: Warming up the liver and kidney to dispel pathogenic cold.
Mu Tong: Promoting the flow of blood through the vessels and getting rid of dampness.
The Effect of 橘核丸
Promoting the flow of Qi to relieve pain, softening and dispersing hard masses.
Hernia due to cold-damp pathogen, marked by swollen and distending scrotum with bearing-down sensation, or scrotum as hard as stone, or pain of the testicle radiating to the umbilical or abdominal region, pale tongue with whitish coating, and deep taut pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as hydrocele testis, testitis and epididymitis.
All the ingredients are ground into powder and made with liquor into pills. 9 g of the pills is taken each time, twice daily. Or the ingredients are decocted in water for oral dose, their amounts being properly modified according to the original proportions.