Mantis Egg-case Powder
The Prescription of 桑螵蛸散
The book Ben Cao Yan Yi
- Sang Piao Xiao (Ootheca Mantidis) 30 g,
- Yuan Zhi (Radix Polygalae) 30 g,
- Chang Pu (Rhizoma Acori Graminei) 30 g,
- Long Gu (Os Draconis Fossilia) 30 g,
- Ren Shen (Radix Ginseng) 30 g,
- Fu Shen (Poria cum Ligno Hospite) 30 g,
- Dang Gui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis) 30 g,
- Gui Ban (Carapax et Plastrum Testudinis) 30 g.
Sang Piao Xiao: The principal drug, reinforcing the kidney to replenish vital essence and arrest emission.
Long Gu and Gui Ban: Nourishing the kidney to strengthen its astringing function.
Ren Shen, Dang Gui and Fu Shen: Replenishing Qi and nourishing blood.
Chang Pu and Yuan Zhi: Tranquilizing the mind to relieve anxiety, promoting the coordination between the heart and kidney.
The Effect of 桑螵蛸散
Tonifying and regulating the heart and kidney to astringe emission and enuresis.
Syndrome due to deficiency of both the heart and kidney, marked by frequent urination, or ricewashed-water like urine, enuresis, spermatorrhea, trance, amnesia, poor appetite, pale tongue with whitish coating, and thready weak pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as diabetes insipidus, diabetes mellitus, neurosism and neurogenic frequency of urination.
The ingredients are ground into fine powder, 6 g of the powder is taken with the decoction of Ren Shen before going to bed, or, the ingredients are properly reduced according to the original proportions and decocted in water for the decoction to be taken orally.