Decoction of Mulberry Leaf and Apricot Kernel
The Prescription of 桑杏汤
The book Wen Bing Tiao Bian
- Sang Ye (Folium Mori) 3 g,
- Bei Mu (Bulbus Fritillariae) 3 g,
- Dan Dou Chi (Semen Sojae Preparatum) 3 g,
- Zhi Zi Pi (Pericarpium Gardeniae) 3 g,
- Pear Peel (Exocarpium Pyrus) 3 g,
- Xing Ren (Semen Armeniacae Amarum) 4.5 g,
- Sha Shen (Radix Adenophorae Strictae) 6 g.
Sang Ye and Dan Dou Chi: Ventilating the lung to disperse pathogens.
Xing Ren: Facilitating the flow of the lung-Qi.
Sha Shen, Bei Mu and Pear Peel: Moistening the lung to relieve cough.
Zhi Zi Pi: Removing heat from the chest and diaphragm.
The Effect of 桑杏汤
Ventilating the lung to moisten dryness.
Syndrome of pathogenic factors in the lung due to exogenous warm-dryness, marked by mild fever, cough without sputum, dry throat, thirst, reddened tongue with thin whitish coating, and floating rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as infection of the upper respiratory tract, measles and whooping cough.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.