Decoction of Cinnamom Twig and Poria
The Prescription of 桂苓甘露饮
The book Xuan Ming Lun Fang
- Fu Ling (Poria) 30 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 6 g,
- Bai Zhu (Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae) 12 g,
- Ze Xie (Rhizoma Alismatis) 15 g,
- Rou Gui (Cortex Cinnamomi) 3 g,
- Shi Gao (Gypsum Fibrosum) 30 g,
- Han Shui Shi (Calcitum) 30 g,
- Hua Shi (Talcum) 30 g,
- Zhu Ling (Polyporus) 15 g.
Hua Shi: The principal drug, being sweet and tasteless in flavor and cold in nature, clearing away heat, eliminating dampness by inducing diuresis.
Rou Gui: Promoting Functional activity of the Qi of the lower-Jiao.
Bai Zhu: Strengthening the spleen.
The Effect of 桂苓甘露饮
Clearing away summer-heat, promoting functional activity of Qi, inducing diuresis.
Syndrome due to affection of summer-heat and dampness, marked by fever, headache, restlessness, thirst with desire for drinking, dysuria, and severe vomiting and diarrhea, including such diseases with the above symptoms as sunstroke and common cold of
gastrointestinal type in summer.
Ground into powder, 9 g or which is taken after being mixed with warm liquid each time. 2 times daily. Liquid of Sheng Jiang is preferable.