The Prescription of 普济消毒饮
The book Dong Yuan Shi Xiao Fang
- Huang Qin (Radix Scutellariae) parched with liquor 9 g.
- Huang Lian (Rhizoma Coptidis) parched with liquor 9 g,
- Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae) 6 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 6 g.
- Xuan Shen (Radix Scrophulariae) 6 g,
- Chai Hu (Radix Bupleuri) 6 g,
- Jie Geng (Radix Platycodi) 6 g,
- Lian Qiao (Fructus Forsythiae) 3 g,
- Ban Lan Gen (Radix Isatidis) 3 g,
- Ma Bo (Lasios phaera seu Calvatia) 3 g,
- Niu Bang Zi (Fructus Arctii) 3 g,
- Bo He (Herba Menthae) 3 g,
- Jiang Can (Bombyx Batryticatus) 2 g,
- Sheng Ma (Rhizoma Cimicifugae) 2 g.
Chen Pi: Regulating the flow of Qi to remove stasis.
The Effect of 普济消毒饮
Expelling wind pathogen and clearing away noxious heat.
Syndrome due to noxious heat in the head and face, marked by aversion to cold, fever, fedness and swelling and pain of the head and face, difficulty in opening eyes, throat disorder, dry tongue, thirst, reddened tongue with yellowish coating, and rapid forceful pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms as epidemic parotitis, acute submaxillary lymphnoditis, acute tonsillitis, etc.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken 3 times (Taken originally as a powder)