Decoction of Yellow Dragon with Supplement
The Prescription of 新加黄龙汤
The book Wen Bing Tiao Bian.
- Sheng Di (Radix Rehmanniae) 15 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 6 g,
- Ren Shen (Radix Ginseng) 4.5g,
- Da Huang (Radix et Rhizoma Rhei) 9 g,
- Mang Xiao (Natrii Sulfas) 3 g,
- Xuan Shen (Radix Scrophulariae) 15 g,
- Mai Dong (Radix Ophiopogonis) 15 g,
- Dang Gui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis) 4.5 g,
- Hai Shen (sea cucumber) 2 pieces,
- Jiang Zhi (ginger juice) 6 spoons.
Da Huang and Mang Xiao: The principal drugs, purging heat, inducing bowel movements, softening masses, moistening dryness.
Xuan Shen, Sheng Di, Mai Dong and Hai Shen: Nourishing Yin, promoting the production of body fluids.
Ren Shen, Gan Cao and Dang Gui: Invigorating Qi, enriching blood.
The Effect of 新加黄龙汤
Nourishing Yin, replenighing Qi, resolving masses, purging heat.
Syndrome due to heat accumulation of excess type in the interior and deficiency of both Qi and Yin, marked by constipation, severe fullness and distention in the abdomen, lassitude, weak breathing, dry mouth and throat, crack of lips, dry tongue with yellow or black fissured coating; including such disorders with the above symptoms as constipation in tumor and constipation in tuberculosis.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken 3 times. But Ren Shen is decocted isolatedly.