The Prescription of 归脾汤
The book Ji Sheng Fang
- Bai Zhu (Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae) 9 g,
- Fu Shen (Poria cum Ligno Hospite) 10 g,
- Huang Qi (Radix Astragali) 12 g.
- Long Yan Rou (Arillus Longan) 10 g,
- Suan Zao Ren (Semen Ziziphi Spinosae] 10 g,
- Ren Shen (Radix Ginseng) 12 g,
- Mu Xiang (Radix Aucklandiae) 5 g,
- Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) 5 g.
- Dang Gui (Radix Angelicae Sinensis) 10 g,
- Yuan Zhi (Radix Polygalae) 10 g,
- Sheng Jiang (Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens) 6 g,
- Da Zao (Fructus Jujubae) 3 dates.
The Effect of 归脾汤
Invigorating Qi and nourishing blood, strengthening the spleen and tonifying the heart.
Syndrome due to deficiency of both the heart and spleen or inability of the spleen to control the flow of blood, marked by palpatation, amnesia, insomnia, dreamful sleep, tending to be frightened, fever of deficiency type, lassitude, poor appetite, sallow complexion, pale tongue with thin whitish coating, and thready weak pulse: or hematochezia, metrorrhagia and metrostaxis, preceded menstrual cycle with profuse and light-colored menses, including such diseases with the above symptoms as neurosism, heart disease, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, thrombocytopenic purpura, aplastic anemia and bleeding due to gastroduodenal ulcer.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.