The Prescription of 增液承氣湯
The book Wen Bing Tiao Bian
- Xuan Shen (Radix Scrophulariae) 30 g,
- Mai Dong (Radix Ophiopogonis) 25 g,
- Sheng Di (Radix Rehmanniae) 25 g,
- Da Huang (Radix et Rhizoma Rhei) 9 g,
- Mang Xiao (Natrii Sulfas) 5 g.
Da Huang: The principal drug, being bitter in flavor and cold in nature, purging heat, inducing bowel movements.
Mang Xiao: Resolving masses, removing pathogenic dryness.
The Effect of 增液承氣湯
Nourishing Yin, promoting the production of body fluids, inducing bowel movements to purge heat.
Syndrome of constipation due to accumulation of pathogenic heat and exhaustion of body fluids, marked by dry stools, crimson tongue with littte coating and thready rapid pulse; including constipation due to hemorrhoid, liver abscess or tumor with the above symptoms.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.