The Prescription of 五味消毒饮
The book Yi Zong Jin Jian
- Jin Yin Hua (Flos Lonicerae) 20 g,
- Ye Ju Hua (Flos Chrysanthemi) 15 g,
- Pu Gong Ying (Herba Taraxaci) 15 g,
- Zi Hua Di Ding (Herba Violae) 15 g,
- Tian Kui Zi (Radix Semiaquilegiae) 15 g.
Jin Yin Hua: The principal drug, being sweet in flavor and cold in nature, clearing away heat and toxic material.
The Effect of 五味消毒饮
Clearing heat and toxic material, expelling naillike boil and furuncle.
Carbuncle, sore, furuncle and swelling due to fire-toxin, marked by local red, swelling, heat and pain in the early stage, or fever, chills, or deep-rooted furuncle as big as a grain and as hard as a nail, reddened tongue with yellowish coating, and rapid pulse; including such diseases with the above symptoms and signs as phlegmon, mastadenitis, suppurative tonsillitis, lymphnoditis and parotitis.
Decocted in water for oral dose to be taken twice.