Sanyin, three Yin meridians; jiao, crossing.
This is an intersecting point of the Spleen, Liver and Kidney Meridians.
3 cun directly above the tip of the medial malleolus, on the posterior border of the tibia.
- main point for gastro-intestinal diseases, often used with ZuSanli.
- main point for diseases of urinary system, such as retention of urine, edema, enuresis, etc.
- main point for diseases of genital system, such as impotence, spermatorrhea, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, vaginal discharge, etc.
- used to induce sedation and tranquilization by lowering the blood pressure.
- to treat pains and paralysis of the lower extremities, especially suitable for strephexopodia.
- the important point for anaesthesia on the lower part of the abdomen.
Perpendicularly 1-1.5 cun.